Sunday, May 31, 2015

Northern Falé III

We have a century old double brick home.


A past owner painted over the brick. 
Depending on how the sun is shining, the paint can look white. 
Our kids would describe our house as white. 
Truthfully, the paint colour is an extremely pale mint green.
To me, the colour screams
"beach house".
We either need a beach implanted on our street
or a new colour. 
(I want the beach!) 

The brick has made for an awesome backdrop to some amateur photography that I've taken of my family.



I've always wanted to re-paint it.
In-house Architect says that's a no-no.
Painting deteriorates the brick quicker.
You can see clear evidence of that here:

Model: In-house Architect, André
Under the paint, the brick is greyish. 
I actually like the natural colour of the brick.
It doesn't matter what I like because André is 
planning on going all-out Modern.

Apparently, the cost & environmental impact of peeling off that paint is worth the transformation into modern century home.

No worries. 
As depicted in the pic above, 
in-house architect has thought about this long and hard. 
He's come to a final decision. 
Modern cladding. 
Right on top of the brick.

What's cladding? 
The clothes you wear are cladding over your birthday suit.
This ancient brick bod of a house will be fitted & dressed 
in a fine, brand spank'n new suit.

André gave me a little sneak peak 
at what cladding is inspiring him lately:

3333 SW Marine from Bentley Images on Vimeo.

I'll gladly take the car & garden with the new suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment